Download2016 Annual Report pdf
It is time to get to work! We are now taking submissions for our 16th Annual Juried Members Show exhibiting April 21 - June 3, 2018. We want to know what inspires you? Show us the best of your current work. We are accepting work in all mediums.
- All artists must be LAC Members. To become a member or update your membership click here<---
- Each member is invited to submit up to three works of art. All works must be original, have been produced within the past year, and must be for sale.
- Submitted images must be atleast 300 DPI and in JPEG format to be accepted. Please title images Lastname_Title.jpg
- All mediums are welcome.
- Artists receive 60% of art sales.
- Works selected for the exhibit are judged by three local arts professionals including a working artist, a gallery manager, and a curator. Work is judged on its uniqueness, skill, fulfilled intent, and presentation.
- Accepted pieces must arrive to the LAC dry, framed, wired, and ready to be hung on the wall or displayed on a plinth. Gallery canvas may be unframed, but must have finished edges.
Deadline to Submit: March 24, 2018
Notice of Acceptance: March 30, 2018
Artwork Drop Off: On or Before April 14, 2018
Opening Reception: April 21, 2018 2-4pm
2019 Exhibition Season
The Leighton Art Centre invites submissions from artists, artist groups, and curators of all artistic backgrounds working in all genres, styles, and mediums for exhibition in 2019. We endeavor to provide a platform for artists and curators at all stages of their careers while providing a diverse exhibition schedule and programming that challenges and appeals to a wide audience.
The Leighton Art Centre preference is for exhibitions that are for sale, however, we are willing to work with artists and curators to pursue grant funding to cover fees for projects such as installations and non-commercial exhibitions. The LAC takes a commission of 40% on all sales.All exhibitions are organized by the LAC in coordination with the artist. Exhibitions run between 4 - 8 consecutive weeks.
Please apply using our online form. We recommend that you type out and save long answers in a word document, and have images readily available before copying them into the online form as you cannot save the online document prior to submitting.
For more details or assistance please contact LAC Director of Exhibitions, Stephanie Doll at email@example.com or 403.931.3153
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2018
All applicants will be contacted by Friday, September 7, 2018