Download2018 Annual Report pdf
Member Artist Sales
Leighton Art Centre Artists Members enjoy exclusive discounts and are encouraged to submit their artwork for an opportunity to show and sell in our Gallery Shop, be part of our annual Juried Members Show and Christmas in the Country Art Sale, and be considered for participation in the Clothesline Festival & Art Sale.
For more information on becoming an Artist Member, please visit our <<Membership Information Page>>. For further assistance, please contact Gallery Shop & Guest Services Manager, Alison Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.931.3633.
18th Annual Juried Members Show
It's time to get down to work! We are now taking submissions for our 18th Annual Juried Members Show, exhibiting April 25 - June 13, 2020. We want to know what inspires you - show us the best of your current work! We are accepting work in all mediums.
- All submitting artists must be LAC Members in good standing. To become a member or update your membership, please visit our <<Online Membership Form>> or call us at the Gallery Shop (403-931-3633).
- Each member is invited to submit up to three works of art. All works must be original, have been produced within the past year, and be for sale.
- Submitted images must be at least 300 DPI and in JPEG format to be accepted. Please title images using this format: Lastname_Title.jpg.
- All mediums in 2D and 3D and all sizes of works are welcome.
- Artists receive 60% of art sales.
- Submitted works are judged by three local arts professionals. Work is judged on its uniqueness, skill, fulfilled intent, and presentation. The works accepted for the exhibition are entirely at the panel's discretion.
- Accepted pieces must arrive to the LAC dry, framed, wired (no sawhook hangers), and ready to be hung on the wall or displayed on a plinth. Gallery canvas may be unframed, but must have finished edges.
Deadline to Submit: Saturday March 28, 2020 at 11 pm
Notice of Acceptance Will be Given By: Friday April 3, 2020
Artwork Drop Off: no later than Saturday April 18, 2020
Opening Reception: Saturday April 25, 2020 at 2 - 4 pm; everyone welcome!
2021 Exhibition Season
The Leighton Art Centre invites submissions from artists, artist groups, and curators of all artistic backgrounds working in all genres, styles, and mediums for exhibition in 2021. We endeavor to provide a platform for artists at all levels of their artistic careers, as well as present diverse programming and a stimulating exhibition schedule that challenges - and appeals to - a wide audience.
GALLERY POLICIES: The Leighton Art Centre preference is for exhibitions that are for sale, however, we are willing to work with artists and curators to pursue grant funding to cover fees for projects such as installations and non-commercial exhibitions. The LAC takes a commission of 40% on all sales. All exhibitions are organized by the LAC in coordination with the artist. Exhibitions run between 4 - 8 consecutive weeks.
APPLY: Please apply using our online form. We recommend that you type out and save long answers in a word document, and have images readily available before copying them into the online form as you cannot save the online document prior to submitting.
For more details or assistance please contact the LAC Manager of Exhibitions, Events & Volunteers, Lindsay Corbet, at email@example.com or 403.931.3153.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2020
All applicants will be contacted by Friday, SEPTEMBER 4, 2020