If you're tired of using the same old photos to paint from, not getting what you want from the photos you are taking or just want to capture some fun and easy photos that will help you in your painting, this workshop is for you. In one fun afternoon, Doug Swinton can help you understand what makes a great photo and how you can capture them for yourself!
Bring your camera in and Doug will show you some wonderful ways to get better shots that will work particularly well for painting inspiration. Doug will also talk about the follow points during this workshop:
- How to better design your shots for painting
- Downloading and cropping your photos
- Ideas on printing and using a monitor to view your photos
Though we will do some editing, this class is not a Photoshop class and we will not be discussing Photoshop methods.
Audience: This workshop is ideal for adult painters, beginners to professionals!
Supplies: Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
- A camera! A Dslr camera is preferable. If you do not own one, a point and shoot digital camera, iPhone or iPad can also work.
- Sketch/ note pad and a pencil
- 5 photos you have recently taken that you might like to try painting from
Registration cost: $75 plus GST & Eventbrite Fees*
* or register by phone: 403-931-3633, Tues-Sat, 10 am – 4 pm to avoid Eventbrite fees
Registration closes on Friday, June 15th, 2018 at 9 PM
Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre, get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Visit our website to find out more about our memberships.
For our Cancellation and Refund Policy, please visit the Workshop page on our website.