Join professional artist Michelle Wiebe, as she leads you through a fun, fast paced class, learning the basics of linocut relief printmaking. Michelle take you through an interesting history of printmaking and share different ways that you can apply the skill of printmaking to your own art. Students will then design and cut a lino block themselves, composing art that is simple yet powerful. Everyone will leave with their own lino block, hand pulled prints and the skills to practice at home using basic art materials.
Here is what past participants have said about Michelle Wiebe's workshops:
'' Michelle was a great presenter! She is practical, funny, creative, EXPERIENCED and sincere! " - (Plein Air workshop participant)
"I loved how Michelle structured the workshop to permit us to go through all the steps with lots of time with each. I feel really comfortable in doing this again based on what I have learned." - (Linocut workshop participant)
Audience: This workshop is suitable for adults from beginners to those with intermediate skills in printmaking.
Supplies: All supplies are included in the workshop. Please bring the following with you to the workshop.
- Reading glasses, if you require them for finer work.
- A bagged lunch for Saturday’s class and a water bottle (coffee and tea will be available).
- Optional: simple ideas or sketches for a lino carving may help get you off to a quicker start, but we will also have class time to develop ideas.
- If you have your own set of linocut tools, feel free to bring with you to class (even if you haven’t used them before).
- Bring reading glasses if you require them for finer work.
Registration cost: $125 plus GST & Eventbrite Fees*
* or register by phone: 403-931-3633, Tues-Sun, 10 am – 4 pm to avoid Eventbrite fees
Registration closes on Thursday August 23rd, 2018 at 9 PM.
Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre, get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Visit our website to find out more about our memberships.
For our Cancellation and Refund Policy, please visit the Workshop page on our website.
Michelle Wiebe is a Cochrane, Alberta-based artist focused primarily on painting, printmaking and letterpress. Regularly found on sketching trips in the Calgary area, her drawing adventures have taken her as far away as Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and Africa. Michelle is a passionate instructor with a deep love for teaching, she makes it her goal that students leave her class with quality work and the confidence to continue building their new skills
Facebook: Michelle Wiebe Art