Join watercolour artist Rex Beanland for a fun and creative weekend, learning a simple but effective approach to painting our wonderful rural landscapes! Rex says "I find it very exciting to work with beginning painters who may be unsure of their ability. By breaking paintings down into simple, fun and easy-to-master steps they are able to progress very quickly. They discover that they actually have a great deal of talent and they can experience the joy of creating lovely paintings. It’s surprisingly easy."
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to create an exciting centre of interest with natural elements.
- How to create a strong composition and use value and colour to direct the viewer’s eye to your centre of interest.
- You will also learn simple and fun ways to create a colourful, exciting and - most importantly - an interesting painting that tells a story.
This workshop is structured for beginners so that no formal drawing or painting skills are required!
''Rex is a wonderful teacher. He has a system that we can follow. He can articulate the what's and why's. He gave lots of hints, tips, and helpful feedback.''
Audience: This workshop is for beginners who have never touched a paint brush or for those who have dabbled a little bit in paint, but intermediate level artists will also enjoy this workshop for a fresh view on watercolour.
- Please click here for the list of required supplies. Swinton's Art is offering a 10% discount on supplies related to this workshop! You will need to show proof of registration to the workshop to receive the discount.
- Optional: simple ideas or sketches for a painting might be helpful to some, but we will have class time - and a beautiful rural setting - to develop ideas.
- Bring a bagged lunch for each day and a water bottle (coffee and tea will be available) .
Registration cost: $195 plus GST & Eventbrite Fees*
* or register by phone: 403-931-3633, Tues-Sat, 10 am – 4 pm to avoid Eventbrite fees.
Registration closes on Wed. Oct. 17th, 2018 at 9 PM.
Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre, get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Visit our website to find out more about our memberships.
Artist / Instructor / Guide
Rex says "I started painting in watercolour as a young child and I’ve just never outgrown it. Something in that mysterious interaction between water and pigment continues to challenge and inspire me. I am attracted to all subjects especially landscapes and cities. I like paintings that are colourful, exciting and most importantly paintings that tell a story.
I find it very exciting to work with beginning painters who may be unsure of their ability. By breaking paintings down into simple, fun and easy-to-master steps they are able to progress very quickly. They discover that they actually have a great deal of talent and they can experience the joy of creating lovely paintins. It’s surprisingly easy.
As a retired public school teacher I’m extremely excited to help people discover their true talent." If you have any questions, please email Rex: firstname.lastname@example.org.