Learn how to use acrylic glazes to create paintings that glows with light. This is an old Masters technique that works especially well with new acrylic mediums. Students will learn how to layer glazes to capture light. Painting supplies required. Good for all levels.
Acrylic Painting Supply List
• 2 smooth stretched canvases around 12X16 or smaller. (Gotrick brand canvases work well with this technique)
• Assorted nylon brushes; #4, #6 #8 round and ½” flat and ½ “ angle
• Acrylic Paints; White, Quinacridone Magenta, Cadmium Yellow, and Ultramarine Blue and Pthalo Blue. (I recommend Liquitex or Golden brand)
• Golden Brand Acrylic Glazing medium, Gloss
• An HB pencil and an eraser
• Paper towels or a cloth rag
• A pallet to mix paint on, disposable pallets are great
• A plastic pallet knife
• A container for water, an empty margarine container is great.
• Either bring a smock to protect clothing or wear clothes that have seen better days.
Please bring a few photos references that you would like to paint flowers and landscapes, work best with this technique. The Instructor will bring photos to share if people want to paint along with her for their first painting.