Join naturalist Julie Walker for this entertaining adventure with the spring flowers of the landscape. Discover the stories behind the names, learn the feel and scent of our beautiful wild flowers that also have medicinal and nutritional properties. Listen for the bird calls and learn to recognize different songs as we explore the homes of the wild things on the lands of the Leighton centre.
• Dress for the weather
• Bring a fanny pack or small daypack
• a Garbage bag
• Rain pants and jacket and or Gators
• Good walking shoes or light hikers
• Sun or rain hat
• Garden pad to sit upon
• Water bottle
• Any personal health care items you need, or 1st aid, e.g. Ibuprofen
• Sketch book/Camera/Notebook and pencil/coal, etc.
• All eight senses! (Sense of fun, adventure, play, smell, touch, sight, awe and wonder!)