A Lesson in Composition, Colour and Design
Using real leaves, a meditative mindset and the beautiful medium of watercolour you will create a truly unique painting.
We will be working on watercolour paper and explore a variety of techniques exploring organic markmaking.
This is a fun, creative class geared to beginner and experienced painters alike. Class includes instructive/constructive critique. All Levels.
Audience: This workshop is suitable for adults and mature teens.
Supplies: If you already have watercolour supplies, bring whatever you have along and anything else that you like using while working. Please Also bring water, a good lunch and any snacks for the day!
Please make sure you bring:
- palette (with squeezed out paint), If you have paint already - bring that - if you have no paint I would recommend a small folding palette with at least the following: cool red like permanent rose or magenta; warm red like napthol or pyroll red; burnt sienna; raw sienna or quin gold; primary yellow; thalo blue; thalo green; ultramarine blue, or cobalt teal.
- ½ sheet (15 x 22) of good quality 140 cold press watercolour paper – more if you like and feel ambitious.
- ½ sheet of good quality hot press watercolour paper – more if you like and are feeling ambitious
- Smooth paper – like yupo (any size)
- Any other random paper you might like to paint on.
- BRUSHES - I like to use a 3/8” dagger; a good # 6 or #8 round and a ½” or 3/4 " flat brush.
- lightweight board - just a surface to tape your paper to - 18 x 25
- water spritzer – something with a course spray
- kleenex, paper towel, water container
- .05 black micron pigma pen or something similar (waterproof and lightfast) (a fine tip Sharpie will also do)
- Masking Fluid
- An old toothbrush
- Pencil/pen, notebook or sketchbook
- Please call (587-350-2262) or email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns with the supply list!
Registration cost: $96 plus GST & Eventbrite Fees
or register by phone: 403-931-3633, Tues-Sat, 10 am – 4 pm to avoid Eventbrite fees
Registration closes on Friday September 20, 2019 at 5PM. Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Please visit www.leightoncentre.org/support/members
For our Cancellation and Refund Policy, please visit www.leightoncentre.org/programs-events/adult-programs.
Karin Huehold has painted professionally for over 25 years. Her genuine love and appreciation of watercolour is evident in her art. Drawing impressions from many facets of life, provide Karin with a continual source of inspiration. From mountain to prairie landscapes, forests, flowers, food, friends, bits and pieces of nature and wherever the paint and brush lead her, Karin creates unique and beautiful works of art. Her work ranges from simple, expressive watercolours to elaborate designs using pen, ink and of course watercolour. Karin is a prolific teacher – having taught many self-designed courses to a multitude of students. Her work is shown widely and is included in many private and corporate collections. She is an active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, Bow Valley Calligraphy Guild and the Palettes. Karin enjoys much creative time in her home studio in Calgary. She has two very popular instructional DVD’s www.huehold.ca #huehold
Please contact Karin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about supplies!