Download2019 Annual Report pdf
Become a Volunteer
The Leighton Art Centre encourages all of our members to consider our exciting volunteer opportunities. These involve numerous fundraising events and ongoing short-term projects. Volunteering at the Leighton Art Centre can be a fun, rewarding experience. Our volunteers love our wonderful venue, the variety of events we host and the opportunity of meeting other individuals who support art.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Summer Clean Up Volunteer Work Bee
Tuesday June 23rd, starting at 10:30 am.
Park at the Education Centre and meet up with Dave and other volunteers there. Social distancing will be practiced to each volunteer’s comfort level. Bring your own mask if you want to wear one.
BBQ lunch will be provided.
Here’s what we’ll be tackling:
- garden bed cleanup
- forest cleanup/inspection and fence maintenance
- removal of storm windows for cleaning, window cleaning
- removal of invasive willows and shrub pruning
- installation/repair of cedar shakes
- big clean of art studios’ interiors
- tidy inside artist shelters (weed removal etc…)
If you have any of the following items, please bring them along:
- personal protective equipment like safety glasses, work gloves
- screw guns and good deck/fence screws
- a couple of wheelbarrows*
- cedar shakes*
- a woodchipper we can borrow for the day*
- a farm truck or 2 for dump runs*
* Please let Lindsay know in advance if you can bring any of these items.
If you’re available to help, please email Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
If you are interested in receiving information about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please visit this page regularly or contact:
Manager, Exhibitions, Events & Volunteers